Using API2 with Visual Studio 2010 and cmake
- Install Visual Studio.
- Install cmake.
- If you want to build the examples with grafical user interface also install Qt4.
- Install the appropriate API2 binary package.
In order to be able to modify the C++ examples shipping with the robotino_api2 package copy the folder holding the c++ examples from the installation directory to your user directory. This is a must for users of Windows Vista or later.
- C:\Program Files\REC GmbH\robotino\api2\examples\c++ -> C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents
Build and run the (non-gui) circle example
Now use cmake (cmake-gui) to generate a Visual Studio project from the CMakeLists.txt in each example folder. Put in the correct path to the source code
Select a path where to generate the Visual Studio files to
Click configure. You'll be ask for the compiler you are going to use. Select Visual Studio 10 here. After configuration completed click Generate to generate the Visual Studio project.
Go to the build directory specified in the cmake GUI and launch the Visual Studio Solution by double-clicking the *.sln file. Build the example. Before running it you have to set Robotino's IP address in the Debugging property page.
Build and run GUI camera example
After installing Qt set the environment variable QTDIR pointing to the directory you installed Qt into. This is neccessary for cmake to find the Qt includes and libraries. Use cmake-gui to create the Visual Studio Solution. Build and run the application.
Using API2 with Linux, gcc and cmake
- Install the appropriate API2 binary package or build API2 from source.
- Get the examples via svn from svn.openrobotino.org
- svn co http://svn.openrobotino.org/examples/trunk source/examples
- Build the examples.
mkdir -p build/examples cd build/examples ccmake ../../source/examples make
- Run the examples.