|The new API2 for Robotino is currently in its final stages of development and it is supposed to replace the current OpenRobotinoAPI on Robotino.||
The new API2 is based on a RPC like infrastructure. The REC-RPC library is a interprocess communication middleware similar to ROS. It is completely based on Qt and does not have any other dependencies.
The major new features introduced in the API2 are:
- Kinect sensor now supported
- Support for up to 4 cameras.
- Support for up to 4 laser rangefinders.
- Support for camera controls like brightness, contrast, auto white balance (Note: The supported controls depend on the camera used).
- Integrated web server for controlling Robotino by a web browser or your smartphone.
- Easier build process due to minimal dependencies on external libraries.
- Uses TCP port 12080 for communication only. This minimizes problems with firewalls.
- Quickstart guide to use API2
- How to build API2 examples
- How to install API2 daemons on Robotino
- Building API2 from sources
- C++ programming with API2
- Java programming with API2
- .Net programming with API2